Fluid is important to our bodies and our health and weight management goals, but sometimes it can be boring or difficult to always get the amount we need.
Try these easy-to-do problem solvers to help you boost your fluid intake:
- Add cucumbers to your water. It will give a spa-like experience, but also offers a refreshing flavor.
- Grab sparkling water the next time you're at the store for a nice bubbly feeling of a soft drink. Add a lime or lemon twist if it's too bland.
- Choose from the number of varieties of teas or herbal drinks.
- Add powdered or freshly sliced ginger, bruised mint leaves, or lemongrass to amp up your water.
- Toss in fruits like strawberries, oranges, or mangos to add antioxidants along with 1/8 cup of fruit juice for added flavor.
- Make flavored ice cubes and add to your water.
- Eat foods that have a high water content: think watermelon or soups.
After trying these tips you should have no problem getting 3 quarts of fluid in each day! You may even find that you look forward to your afternoon mock spritzer.