Americans aren't the only ones looking for lots of fast weight loss! The Brits too desire this. The British Dietetic Association, a sister association of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, has announced the top 5 worst celebrity diets for 2013. After reading the list, it is ridiculous to think that one would actually try one of them, but the reality is there will be a lot of people who do as a "last" result for trying to lose weight.
Here are the top 5 & our comments on each. To get full information or read the original article click here.
5. The 6 Weeks to OMG Diet: this includes ridiculous, limited-research suggested routines such as drinking black coffee in the morning and taking cold baths to delaying breakfast until 10 am, excluding snacks, & removing fruit from your eating plan. This type of plan is not realistic long term and even if followed in the short term may not even present you with the results you are looking to achieve.
4. Alcorexia/Drunkorexia Diet: just as it says...starving yourself during the day to "save" calories for your nightly drinking habit. This is an unhealthy way to fulfill the calories you need in a day and with out a doubt you are fueling your body with zero nutrition. Not to mention toxic levels of alcohol and recommendations for alcohol consumption being "in moderation".
3. "Party Girl" IV Drip Diet: traditional IV drips are used in hospitals to help the malnourished and ill by providing them with the nutrition they need. Celebrities are now paying for these sort of drips to prevent them from feeling "run down". There isn't any evidence or research that concludes that this is effective or a safe means for weight loss or gaining nutrition.
2. The KEN (Ketogenic Enteral Nutrition) Diet: another "diet" that is traditionally used for patients who are unable to eat "regular/grocery store food" due to a severe illness, disease or another chronic condition. Who would have thought that any one would try this outrageous method of wearing an NG (naso-gastric tube) tube that allows liquid nutrition to automatically pump into your stomach throughout the day to try to lose weight? So, wearing a pump with a hose down your nose is the latest and greatest to weight loss? I'm not sure I would consider that true.
1. Dukan Diet: The most popular of the "worst" diets includes many phases & confusing directions that would lead anyone to go crazy! Not to mention, completely excluding food groups that can lead to lack of proper nutrition. This makes it hard to do long term and thus why it is a diet (short term) and many move on to another to achieve the results they are looking for elsewhere.
The bottom line, diets are short term and will provide short term, if any at all, results that will lead one to another diet. For more information on "Staying Away from Fad Diets" click here. Choose wisely the plan that is best for you and be sure that you consult a Registered Dietitian to provide you with the information you need to make a sound decision when joining or doing anything to lose weight. Our staff consists of several Registered Dietitians that can get you on track with weight loss. We are happy to help at any time. Call our office 317-489-4817 or email us at email@example.com to get any questions you have answered!